What would it mean to create a space where we come together to connect with each other, with our deepest selves, and with the world.
Members, friends and visitors of Starr King, you are invited to share, reflect, and serve the larger community.
What is Soul Matters?
These small, relational groups made up of six to ten people led by facilitators meets monthly to establish and nurture themselves in this community, to explore and engage monthly religious service themes in more depth, and to reconnect with their deepest selves, life’s gifts, and needs greater than their own. Each group may covenant to perform at least one service project of their choice for the church or larger community during the year.
What happens at a “Soul Matters” meeting?
- Chalice lighting and a short reading or piece of music.
- Brief check-in. Members briefly share what is going on “beneath the surface” for them. Typically takes no more than 20 minutes.
- Facilitated discussion inspired by the monthly participant packet (readings, questions for reflection and suggested spiritual exercises which participants receive a few weeks before the meeting). For 2016-2017 we will consider the question “What does it mean to be a community of ________?” (see monthly themes below)
- Check-out. An opportunity to briefly share reactions to the meeting.
- Closing words or music.
Groups will meet monthly for no more than two hours at a time. When participants enroll, they will select a regular time slot from among several options. Please email Lisa at email@example.com or call 603-536-8908 if you’d like to sign up or are interested in another time.
Our current groups are below, but others will be added as needed.
- 1st Wednesdays, from 6:30 -8:30 PM Cindy Spring and Bill Trought Co-Facilitators
- 2nd Monday’s from 6:30 – 8:30 PM Margaret Salt Facilitator
- 3d Sunday’s, 11:30-1:00 PM Judi Hall Facilitator, Child care is provided.
- 3d Tuesday’s, from 7:00 -9:00 PM Connie Maatta and Elizabeth Terp Co-Facilitators
Guides and Monthly Themes
April – What does it mean to be community of Transformation?
May – What does it mean to be community of Embodiment?
June – What does it mean to be community of Zest?