What is Unitarian Universalism?Unitarian Universalism is a caring, open-minded religion that encourages you to seek your own spiritual path. Our Faith draws on many religious traditions, welcoming people with different beliefs. We are united by shared values, not by creed or dogma. Our congregations are places where people gather to nurture their spirits and put their faith into action by helping to make our communities—and the world—a better place. Explore the following videos and see the many faces of Unitarian Universalism.
Starr King Unitarian Universalist Fellowship affirms the following shared principles of the Unitarian Universalist Association:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregation;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregation and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
Learn More!The following resources provide more in depth information about UUism past and present.
Unitarian Universalist History
Unitarian Universalist Chalice History
UU World Magazine
Unitarian Universalist Ministry for the Earth